Features reflecting the cryptocurrency category's accepted standard and that enable proper interoperability between the Oceanpoint protocol and other Defi protocols.
- Non-Custodial: Assets are deposited to and deployed automatically via smart contracts. Users always maintain 100% ownership of their funds and can retrieve them at any time.
- Permissionless: No signup, whitelisting, account verification, or otherwise is required to participate in the Oceanpoint ecosystem.
- Censorship Resistant: Users can always interact with the smart contracts directly, which fundamentally cannot be taken down or tampered with.
- Fraud Resistant: The qualities listed above position Oceanpoint's ecosystem to minimize the risk of fraudulent activity typically associated with bordered, custodial, trusted, permissioned, closed source, and censored platforms.
- Simple, Easy-to-use: Oceanpoint's user interface was designed to be as seamless as possible. One-click deposit and withdrawals plus mechanisms for portfolio tracking and miscellaneous Oceanpoint metrics.
- On Ethereum, 'Layer 2 Positive': Oceanpoint is deployed on the base ('Layer 1') Ethereum blockchain, where it can interact with existing DeFi protocols for yield farming. Layer 2 solutions are under active consideration as potential ways to improve the efficiency of the platform.
List of all tokens and token types used in the Oceanpoint ecosystem, including the sBST governance token and the various tokenized pool shares.
The Blocksquare Token (BST) is the core economic engine that facilitates the building and expansion of Oceanpoint’s capabilities and its community. BST incentivizes participation, facilitates governance, and catalyzes user contribution. Users earn BST through pool participation and, later, participating in Oceanpoint's continuous improvement.
The Governance token is the key component of Oceanpoint's first product — the BST staking pool. When users stake BST, Oceanpoint awards them with sBST, a token used by the community to vote on Oceanpoint related decisions. Governance polls are available via snapshot.
The protocol also manages the issuance of POINT tokens — a new stablecoin backed by the USD value of tokenized real estate assets that Oceanpoint owns. One (1) single POINT can always be swapped for 1 USD worth of tokenized real estate held within Oceanpoint's asset pool.
Liquidity provider tokens or LP tokens are tokens issued to liquidity providers on a decentralized exchange (DEX) that run on an automated market maker (AMM) protocol. Uniswap, Sushiswap and PancakeSwap are some examples of popular DEXs that distribute LP tokens to their liquidity providers. With the introduction of liquidity pools, Oceanpoint will enable users to directly interact with selected AMM protocols and stake their LP tokens to earn rewards.
Blocksquare Property Tokens (BSPTs) are a standard Ethereum ERC-20 smart contract with a defined maximum issuance of 100,000 tokens for each real estate property, where 1,000 tokens can be issued for each 1% of an asset's capital stack. Each asset has its own BSPT, meaning the token symbol varies from property to property i.e. BSPT-XYZ-##. The token standard features on-chain property valuation, a legally binding tokens enforceable by a standardized corporate resolution stored on IPFS. Learn more about it.
Features representing the mechanics of the DeFi products offered as part of Oceanpoint.
At launch, Oceanpoint offers a simple, one-sided interest-yielding Governance pool that enable users to passively increase their holdings by simply depositing the desired amount of BST to earn staking rewards. The Governance pool is the first product on Oceanpoint and awards users with sBST — the governance token used by the community to vote on Oceanpoint related decisions. Governance polls are available via snapshot.
The second product to be launched are liquidity pools. These will be deployed on other DeFi protocols (e.g Uniswap, Balancer, Sushiswap, 1inch) based on community governance decisions, and connected with the Oceanpoint UI to provide an easy-to-use experience. Once introduced, anyone will be able to provide liquidity to the protocol and passively increase their holdings of BST.
The third product will introduce tokenized real estate assets being acquired by Oceanpoint in exchange for POINT tokens. At first, real estate owners will be incentivised as the protocol will enable them to create a new passive income stream with their existing real estate properties. Just like miners use GPUs to earn ETH, so can landlords stake their real estate asset to earn BST. The more real estate value they stake, the larger the cut from the monthly reward pool.
Once the Total Value Locked (TVL) in the Asset pool reaches a level the community deems appropriate, stablecoin liquidity pools on 3rd party DeFi protocols will be launched together with an incentive program for liquidity providers to start supporting POINT tokens, the protocol's native stablecoin.
Features pertaining to the Oceanpoint frontend to enable a more seamless experience for users.
- Wallets: Currently the UI supports interaction with Metamask and WalletConnect compatible wallets, while other popular wallets will be added in future versions based on community requests.
- Multi-lingual support: Like our pool strategies, website content is modular, and users can interact with Oceanpoint in their native language. As more translations are compiled, they can similarly be added alongside available translations. Note: Multi-language support is planned for v0.3